Using your photo-edited image from the previous project ("Extreme!"), create a magazine advertisement that includes:
- A product name
- Descriptive "copy" (text)
- A tagline or slogan
- A logo for the product or brand
The ad can be either full page (8 1/2 x 11") or a two-page spread (17 x 11").
Organize your design based on the following design criteria:
- Visual Hierarchy
- Work with Illustrator and Photoshop in combination.
- Apply your knowledge of contrast, repetition, alignment and proximity
- Apply your understanding of visual hierarchy
- Sell a product by selling an idea
- Write informative and engaging text
- Use type expressively.
- Unify a design through color
- Create a design that will grab the viewer's attention, draw them in, engage them and give them a sense of the product or service you are selling.
- Adobe Illustrator
- Use a Sans Serif font for the copy (descriptive text).
- The product you are selling cannot be a medication (That's been overdone.).
- Save as "ad yourlastname.eps" in Illustrator EPS file format
- DO NOT put image in Photoshop in the last stages.
- If a two-page spread, be aware of the gutter midway through the design.
- Use guidelines to align elements with one another.
- Use colors in the photograph as the colors in the text.
- Clear Communication of an Idea
- (Clearly convey information about the product/service; grab and hold the reader's attention; get reader interested in or excited about the product/service by using humor or other strategies of visual engagement)
- Well-chosen typefaces
- Skillful application of these design concepts: Visual hierarchy, contrast, repetition, alignment, proximity
- Overall visual impact
- Technical Quality
- Skillful use of Adobe Illustrator
- Proper inclusion of photo edited TIFF file from Photoshop
- Use of guidelines for alignment
- Personal Investment