Using related objects, create a fantasy "portrait" in the style of Arcimboldo.
- Gain experience with the basic tools and techniques of Adobe Photoshop
- Draw clean selections to cut and paste parts from various sources into a seamless whole.
- Create convincing, but odd, juxtapositions to add visual impact to an artwork.
- Format as follows:
- Width: 7.5 inches
- Height: 10 inches
- Resolution: 72 pixels/inch
- Color Mode: RGB
- Create a new document using the format above.
- Do an internet search of large images related by theme.
- Make clean selections, then copy and paste into the new document.
- Cleanliness of selections / Convincing combination of objects (A viewer cannot tell that they've been cut and pasted.)
- Design (Visual impact)
- Work habits
Tips to Get Started:
Google search for a theme of your choice. Collect the images into a folder on your desktop. Be sure to collect the largest images.
View the works of Arcimboldo.
They can be found at this site:
Self Critique Questions:
Before turning in your work, ask yourself:
- Is my idea unique enough? Does it have personality?
- Have I selected and pasted the items in such a way that a viewer cannot tell they have been patched together?
- Does the image have enough visual impact? Will it catch and hold a viewer's attention?