Using the shape tools of Adobe Illustrator, create a square, symmetrical design with repeated elements. The design should be unified in its color scheme, having at least 10 colors and 2-3 dominant colors.
Square: 8" x 8"
Color Mode: RGB
File format: Illustrator EPS
Save As: symmetry yourlastname.eps"
At least 10 colors
2 - 3 dominant colors
Flat colors (No gradients)
- Develop skills with tools and techniques of Illustrator
- Work over a grid
- Create a variety of shapes
- Align shapes and other elements
- Group paths into objects
- Divide shapes using the Pathfinder tool
- Use layer sets
- Create strong visual impact
- Create an orderly and professional-looking design
- Design (Visual Impact)
- Technical Quality
- Personal Investment
1. Create a New Document
File -- New Document
Size: 8 in x 8 in
2. Create guidelines halfway across and halfway up your document
Go to View -- Show Rulers
Drag guidelines from rulers to your central axes of the document
3. Create a rectangular grid to act as a guide or template on which to organize your shapes (You can find the rectangular grid tool under the same toolbox button as the line segment tool.).