Using the type tools of Adobe Illustrator, create a symmetrical pattern design. Elements will repeat.
- Develop skills with tools and techniques of Illustrator
- Use layer sets
- Create a variety of shapes
- Align shapes and other elements
- Group paths into objects
- Create strong visual impact
- Create an orderly and professional-looking design
- Design (Visual Impact)
- Technical Quality
- Personal Investment
1. Create a New Document
- File -- New Document
- Size: 8 inches x 8 inches
- Save as: "Type Pattern Yourlastname"
- Save in format: Illustrator EPS
2. Create guidelines halfway across and halfway up your document
- Go to View -- Show Rulers
- Drag guidelines from rulers to your central axes of the document
3. Create a rectangular grid to act as a guide or template on which to organize your shapes.
- Find the rectangular grid tool under the same toolbox button as the line segment tool.