Two weeks (last day of class)
Create a package that will contain an actual product.
The package design will include at least six sides.
- Use Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop in combination
- Incorporate multiple elements into a sophisticated, unified design
- Visualize a digital artwork in three dimensions
- Six sides, plus tabs
- Logo/label/title art for the product
- Logo/label for the brand name
- Photographs and/or artwork that YOU have created
- All information that would be in a real-life package for a similar product
- Space for a bar code
- All Photoshop images must be at least 300 dpi at their printed dimensions
- Create in actual size
- Save as “package lastname.eps” in “graphicdesign” server folder
- Print in one piece to be scored, folded, and constructed
- Ideally, product will be placed in the constructed package
- Design -- visual impact
- Inclusion of all important information
- Clarity of mood and message
- Technical quality
- Work habits
- Describe product and target consumer of that product (See below.)
- Create label for product name and brand name
- Sketch design ideas and layout of package
- Configure/measure sidesCreate or find template for layout
Answer these questions:
- What is the product? Describe. What is its purpose?
- What are the dimensions of this product? How much space will it take up?
- Are there special considerations for its packaging? Is the product fragile? Does it need special protection? Does the actual product need to be seen (windows?)? Should the packaging allow for interactivity (i.e. pushing buttons, etc.)?
- How is this product a good thing? Why do people need this product?
- Who is the target consumer? Who are you trying to reach with your packaging? (Consider age, gender, income, occupation, tastes, interests, activities, etc.)
- How will you appeal to this target consumer? Of what will you convince this target consumer?