Visually exaggerate and express one of the following concepts by combining, manipulating, and editing your own photographs.
- Arrange and shoot high-quality photographs that are well focused, well exposed (Good range of tonal values and contrast; good color), and expressive.
- Skillfully use Photoshop to cut, paste, combine, and adjust images
- Visually express an exaggerated ("extreme") feeling or concept.
Remember that all photos must be shot or arranged by you specifically for this project. (i.e. They must be new.).
- Brainstorm/write down a list of possibilities — What can you do to express the different concepts?
- Create a series of (at least four) thumbnail sketches to develop your visual ideas and to compose the image.
- Find props, enlist models, and find appropriate places to take your photographs.
- Make sure your photographs are high resolution and are exposed well and focused well.
- In Photoshop, double-check resolution (Go to “Image - Image Size” -- Document Size should be 300 pixels/inch at printing size -- at least 8.5 inches x 11 inches).
- Use Photoshop to combine and edit your photographs into a unified image with a single, clearly expressed idea.
- Save your combined, photo-edited image as “extreme yourlastname”.
- Completion of all parts (Turn in brainstorm list and thumbnail sketches)
- Quality of Photographs
- All photos are new and taken specifically for this project.
- The photographs are absolutely your own creation.
- Photographs are focused well and exposed well (good color, good tonal value, good contrast)
- Strength of Design / Composition
- Strength of Expressiveness of Feeling/Concept
- Technical Quality
- Personal Investment / Work Habits